guest have said
- Thanks for a great weekend. Your hospitality
is something we will always remember the Antbear
by. See you soon
David and Melanie (Pretoria)
- Thanks we has a wonderful time. The antbear
is a very special place and we will definitely
Andrew and Leani (Naboomspruit + jhb)
- Thanks for a great weekend and great food.
We'll be back
Lesley, Solly and Russel Cowan
- We made a mistake coming here and what we
learned during our days at the Antbear is
that mistakes made on this mountaintop are
really wonders in disguise. The longer you
stay here the more you learn about thatched
roofs, pizza ovens and balconies. So there
will definitely be a next time. We want to
see the new house when it is finished. Thanks
for your hard work and undivided attention
and we wish you and the Antbear a prosperous
future. Hopefully filled with nice and subtle
Marcel Beukeboom & Willemien Free
- It's been so tranquil and focused and a
wonderful six days that I don't know what
date it is. Good sign. So many thanks. May
your cows have plentiful milk, may your creative
spirit endure, and by the way why is the sky
- A wonderful time of retreat, calm, humour,
bonhomie ... and yes work. Much achieved,
learned and cooled out. This house is a haven
and the vista remindful of the glorious web
of life. Thank you.
- This has been a lovely restful time in enchanting
surroundings. We enjoyed every aspect of our
stay so much.
Dottie and Johe
- What can I say other than its been heaven
on earth this weekend. Next time we'll bring
enough rope for the expedition.
- Thank you, this wonderful place is clearly
a home-coming and re-centering. Sharing it
with you has been a moment of magic. And then
all the plans you have... We just have to
come back. Bravo and a big thank you.
Marianne and Desmond Colborne (Cape Town
- A very unique place. And original. Thanks
to the hospitality and personality of the
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for
a few still, suspended moments as enchanting
as the ruins were to you a year or so ago.
- The furniture seems to have evolved from
the wood as effortlessly as - well, an antbear,
emerges from its burrow ... You're special,
thank you for sharing your vision. And damn
Glyn, Chris, Spencer and Ian (Durban)
- Congratulations, you've made the most beautiful
house I have ever seen.
- Everything has been wonderful, you, the
way you received me, your furniture, your
styling, the view, the house, my bedroom.
Thanks a lot.
Solvi dos Santos (Paris)
- Your place is very nice. I hope to see you
Harwina Manyoni (Durban)
- Here the stars are amazing.
- I must say its been a right gudd-un.
- Best Christmas in years. Wonderful house
and country-side. I will send you a card from
the corners of the globe.
- We loved it. Antbear is great and just the
place to spend a very merry Christmas. Thank
you for your hospitality and best of all your
David and Jeanne
- Wild spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, applesauce,
ginger, mulberries, mielie bread, beautiful
wooden furniture, mountain streams, sunshine,
....... and lots of wonderful hospitality.
Tamar, Mark, Simon, Robyn, Kim, Deborah
- Thanks for letting us share this beautiful
dream now become a reality.
Ivan and Sarah
- The Tranquility here is a balm to the troubled
soul. It's as though time stands still, and
ones worldly concerns seem to melt away, to
be carried off on the gentlest of breezes,
or perhaps on the wing of one of the many
beautiful birds that inhabit the area. One
is then left unencumbered to experience an
exquisite lightness of being which is quite
bearable thank you.
Michael & Jessica Salt
- I look forward to seeing the namesake of
the Antbear. A beautiful place.
- We put Simon to sleep for a whole 5 hours
for the first time in his 6 week life.
Mark, Tamar and Simon